In 2017, the Hamilton Catholic Pastoral Region was created with the 3 following parishes: St. Joseph, St. Julie Billiart, and St. Peter in Chains.
St. Joseph was built in dedicated in 1867 as a German speaking church. Before this, St. Mary was the Irish church, and St. Stephen had both English & German speaking members.
St. Julie Billiart Parish was formed in 1989 when St. Stephen, St. Mary, and St. Veronica parishes merged. Their church building dates from 1854 and in 1982 was listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
St. Peter in Chains current church was dedicated in 1963. In March of 1932 a twister damaged the original church, and a new church that was dedicated on October 30, 1938 along with the school.